PvZ 2 was more than three years old when I started on the team. It was a game that had gone through several different design directions over the course of its life, but when I arrived, it was an exciting time to be on the team. My responsibilities varied, and included:
- Taking ownership of design and balancing the “Power Plants” feature, which was released in January and allowed players to level up their plants.
- Creating and scheduling Level of the Day content.
- Designing and balancing four new plants for the game: Parsnip, Missile Toe, Hot Date, and Caulipower.
- Designing “Veteran Zombies,” more difficult versions of existing zombies, and creating new level content for worlds in which to showcase these zombies.
- Spec work for a number of new features, currently scheduled for development.
- Working with PMs to plan out the roadmap for the game going forward.
- Balancing numbers and player economies for proposed overhauls to the game’s mechanics.
Click on any image to see a full-size version.