STORM8 | Contract Level Designer | Seattle, WA
December 2015 – February 2016
– Continuing level and content creation role for Storm8 on a contractual basis, working remotely.
– Producing 12 levels per week for Hungry Babies Mania.
STORM8 | Game Designer | Redwood City, CA
July 2013 – November 2015
– Produced 90 levels of content for Bubble Mania.
– Designed systems and content for new releases, as well as post-release support.
– Acted as principal Designer on the Casual Growth team from October 2014 – March 2015.
– Released titles: Fish Frenzy Mania (iOS), Hungry Babies Mania (iOS)
MOVABLE CODE | Design Consultant | Cambridge, MA
January 2013 – March 2013
– Advised on design documents and direction during pre-production on Incantor.
ZYNGA BOSTON | Game Designer | Cambridge, MA
September 2011 – October 2012
– Created 18 full levels for Adventure World, plus additional level support during the transition to the Indiana Jones license.
– Team lead on winning project in 2012 Hack-a-Thon
– Released Titles: Indiana Jones Adventure World (Facebook)
BLUE FANG GAMES | Lead Designer | Waltham, MA
January 2011 – July 2011
– Design lead on Zoo Kingdom, post release, and on production of Carmen Sandiego.
– Released Titles: Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? (Facebook), The Oregon Trail (Facebook)
BLUE FANG GAMES | Game Designer | Waltham, MA
January 2010 – January 2011
– Held design role during development of Zoo Kingdom.
– Nominated for 2010 GDC Online Award for Best Online Game Design for Zoo Kingdom.
– Released Titles: Zoo Kingdom (Facebook)
BLUE FANG GAMES | Associate Game Designer | Waltham, MA
December 2008 – January 2010
– Pulled up to design team during development of World of Zoo.
– Released Titles: World of Zoo (Nintendo Wii)
BLUE FANG GAMES | QA Tester | Waltham, MA
September 2008 – November 2008
GAME REVOLUTION | Review Writer | Somerville, MA
August 2008 – December 2008
DARTMOUTH COLLEGE | Class of 2007 | Hanover, NH
Bachelor of Arts – English
2005 Foreign Study in English – Trinity College, Dublin
Senior Thesis: “Playing at Stories: Video Games as a Narrative Medium”
PHILLIPS ACADEMY | Class of 2003 | Andover, MA
- Microsoft Windows
- Apple OS X
- Microsoft Word/Google Docs
- Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- Version Control: Versions, Mercurial, Perforce
- Bug Tracking: JIRA, Wrike, Pivotal, FogBugz
- Adobe Photoshop
- Unity Dev Environment
Other Accomplishments and Interests
Rowed for the Phillips Academy and Dartmouth College varsity heavyweight crew teams.
– Competed at the Henley Royal Regatta with Phillips Academy in 2003.
– Competed at the Head of the Charles Regatta with Dartmouth Alumni in 2009.
Active Runner and frequent 5k/10k participant.
Performed at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival with a theatrical production in 2003.
Two-time PAX East RoboRally champion, 2012 and 2013.
Avid LEGO collector and builder.
– Game of Thrones LEGO creations featured on official HBO social media accounts and online culture blogs.
Beat “Jordan” and “Through the Fire and Flames” on expert difficulty in Guitar Hero.